Tooth decay is common amongst children as well as adults in America, but many people still do not know the best treatment to combat this type of oral irregularity. Dental sealants, a procedure which helps in the prevention of dental caries, were first introduced in the year 1960. Although it’s an old practice, it continues to be unknown to some. According to the statistics, only one-third of the children in the U.S have sealants on their teeth.
Despite the fact that children are the ones who usually suffer from tooth decay, dental sealants are also ideal for adults who are at risk of this type of oral issue. At Greenwich Smiles, we are dedicated to providing our patients with the best dental health care that they always deserve. Through our Dental Sealants treatment, a cavity-free tooth is rest assured. To know more about this treatment, here are the different facts and benefits of sealants.
- Sealants are long-lasting! It can last for up to 10 years. However, a regular checkup is still needed to ensure that it’s in a good state.
- Some health insurance program usually covers the treatment.
- Dental sealants are a thin plastic coating that acts as a protective layer to the premolars or molars of patients.
- The application of the sealant is quick, easy, and comfortable as it only requires one visit. Drilling and tooth reduction are not needed.
- Sealants protect the grooves of the teeth against harmful food debris.
- The treatment offers a proactive way of preventing cavities.
- The clear coating is durable enough to withstand forces from normal chewing.
- It can provide effective protection to fight off cavities.
Although dental sealants are beneficial for guarding the teeth and combatting tooth decay, still it is not a substitute for proper oral hygiene and regular dental check-ups. Setting an appointment with the dentist every six months is the key towards achieving a healthy mouth, teeth, and gums.
Get added protection to your teeth. Book your Dental Sealants treatment in Greenwich, CT with Greenwich Smiles! Our dental office is located at 2 Benedict Place, Greenwich, CT 06830.